RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION INCENTIVES ARE AUTHORIZED
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): T1694650
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise – "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
This position is located at the Martinsburg, WV VA Medical Center in VISN 5. The Martinsburg VA medical center is a Level 1C complexity facility providing care to our Nation's Veterans. The medical center provides comprehensive health care through primary care, inpatient medicine, surgery, psychiatric, domiciliary, and a long-term care unit. Martinsburg, WV VA Medical Center has seven Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) located in Cumberland, MD, Hagerstown, MD, Fort Detrick, MD, Harrisonburg, VA, Stephens City, VA, Petersburg, WV and Franklin WV.
Special Note: This is an open continuous Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA). Applicants are encouraged to apply early in order to maximize their employment opportunities.
You may be eligible for the Education Debt Reduction (EDRP) Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Martinsburg, WV VAMC is seeking a full-time permanent Physician to fill it's Inpatient Psychiatry vacancy.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- diagnostic assessment/evaluation and treatment of patients with mental, behavioral or emotional disorders
- manage patients with addictive disorders, perform supportive psychotherapy, and perform mental status examinations on patients using psychiatric and recovery oriented principals
- initial and ongoing assessment of patient's mental and psychological history and physical examination
- order appropriate diagnostic tests
- review and interpret laboratory and take appropriate action
- formulate and record diagnostic impressions
- refer patients to consultations with specialty clinics
- provide medical advice to patients, families and community health providers by telephone
- manage minor acute medical problems
- enter orders into CPRS for medications, consults, testing etc
- provides appropriate patient education on treatment of Mental Health conditions
- other duties as assigned
Tour of Duty: Varies
Functional Statement Title: Mental Health Physician/Inpatient Psychiatrist Functional Statement